Friday, July 07, 2006

Our story....

Taken Mother's Day 2006

We decided in March of 2006 to expand our family through adoption. Dave and I have always talked about adopting but after having twin boys we thought that was just a dream. After many years of that idea being pushed aside we are actually doing it!!! We are using a great agency called CCAI and are using Glenkirk as our homestudy agency. I can't say enough about either of them. We are currently waiting to get finger printed and then only need one more document....The light at the end of the tunnel is closer but it still feels a long way away.

When we decided to adopt and told the boys they were very excited. Bailey's main concern was that we wouldn't be able to speak "China" to the baby. I reassured him that when we got her she would be little enough that she really wouldn't be talking yet. I told him that we would teach her English together and that we would learn a little Chinese. That eased his mind. Matthew has told me he will teach her how to count and her "ABC"s. I told him he will be a good big brother.

No comments: