Monday, September 04, 2006

Nostalgia
















For those of you who knew me pre-adoption you all know what a HUGE "90210" fan I was. I even watch it if I'm home on soap network in the afternoon. Anyway today was a whole back to school blast off with a bunch of old episodes. I was able to watch the majority of them because we stayed in all day. It was so fun to watch them and have forgotten certain things from that episode or think to myself "Oh yeah....I remember that." I know it sounds goofy but it is the one show that I absolutely still miss after it being off the air for 6 years already. It is driving me nuts that they still haven't released it to DVD yet.

It also makes me wonder what shows will have that much of an impact on my children. I know that Dave was a big Miami Vice and MacGyver fan. Right now the boys are into so many different things like typical 5 year olds but what shows when they are in their 30's will have the best memories for them. What will Diana watch that will leave her with those memories. When I first started watching 90210 I would watch it with my mom. So when I think of that show I always remember me running home from work and Mom having it on so we could watch it together. I hope that Dave and the boys will have special memories like that and that Diana and I will be able to watch something that she will have memories of us like I do with my mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna Martin graduates!!