Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mission Accomplished....



Well believe it or not our paperwork is FINALLY on its way to our agency. Actually according to fedex it was just picked up from the drop off box at 4:19pm. YEA!! CCAI will have it by tomorrow afternoon. Of course you know I have a story to go along with this right?

Yesterday Dave and I dropped off the boys at school and headed downtown to the secretary of States office and the Chinese Consulate. Well Dave drops me off in front of the SOS and I go up there and fill out the form. The lady asks for the $4 and I give her a $20 bill. She asks if I have anything smaller (this after I just told her I didn't) she then asks me "don't you have a check?" I say no. She takes my money and begins to go on to something else. I ask her for my change and she says I will get it when I get my forms.....Last time they didn't even collect my money until the end so how should I know?????

Off to the Consulate and things there went a lot smoother. I told her we would pick them up tomorrow and asked what time they would be available. Her exact words were "anytime tomorrow." So we go back this morning and its roughly 24 hours later, I wait in line and the woman takes my receipt and looks for my papers. They are not in the bin. She goes in the back and finds out they aren't ready yet. She says come back in 10 minutes. 10 minutes later I get my forms and we're on our way. Oh well these are little problems but still part of our story in the journey to get Diana.

Hopefully CCAI won't find any errors and we will be dtc by the end of the month.....getting closer Diana.....


No comments: