Sunday, August 27, 2006

This past week







This week has been a roller coaster of emotions for me. Tuesday my babies started their first day of kindergarten. I was really worried about Matthew so was thrown for a loop when he was fine and Bailey was crying.

Let me recap the morning for you. The boys woke up way too early and I had to yell at them twice to get back to sleep. Fast forward to us getting to the school. The boys are playing in the playground and Bailey was trying to go on the monkey bars and of course fell. He cried for a few seconds but got over it.

The school bell rings and I put Bailey in his line and tell him I going to get Matthew in his line. By the time I get back to Bailey he is crying. He is confused about where he is supposed to be. A mom of a boy from preschool reassures him but he is still scared until I get back there. He finally calms down and all of a sudden he starts crying again asking "Where will I see you after school is over?????" I reassure him that I will be exactly where I am now. I keep checking on Matthew from a distance and he looks nervous but fine. I do not want to rock that boat so I stay with Bailey until they walk into school. This whole time I am holding back and trying not to cry in front of Bailey. Once they got into school I walked back to my van and started crying for over 10 minutes. After that I went shopping.

The rest of the day was fine and the boys were excited to tell me about their days in school. It was great! Wednesday, Thursday and Friday all had the same ending to the day. We surprised them by both Mommy and Daddy picking them up from school on Friday. They loved it!

On the adoption front things are still at a standstill. I am STILL waiting for our I-171H. My social worker called CIS on Tuesday to find out they are not accepting any calls for the rest of the month since they are moving!!!! This is the most frustrating part of this for me so far. I have other adoption friends who are complaining about the wait between LID and referral. At this point I would just love to be able to say my documents are on their way to my agency or better yet they have gone through critical review and are being sent to China.....As many of you know I am NOT very patient!!!

The above pictures are of the boys with their teachers on "Meet the teacher night"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo cute. I love new school years!