Saturday, August 19, 2006

My boys

Originally I thought this blog would be primarily to post things going on with our adoption. As I have been doing this for the past 6 weeks or so I realize I am also posting about our entire family. Today I will be focusing on the two special boys who I am proud to be their Mommy.

Many of you know that I am having a little difficulty coping with the fact that my babies will start kindergarten this Tuesday. It is hard to believe that they are growing up and no longer babies. It really does seem like just yesterday that I held each of them for the first time. Time has definitely flown.

We decided back in January that we would have the boys in separate classrooms. We did this for a multitude of reasons but most importantly for them to grow as individuals. Bailey is very outgoing and has no problems making friends. Matthew is more quiet and reserved so with his brother there he will just hang with him or the friends his brother has made for the two of them. Bailey tends to be bossy with Matthew though. We wanted them to both be able to bask in their own spotlights and make their own friends.

Well we found last week who their teachers and classmates would be. I was beyond devastated! Looking at the class lists made me literally sick to my stomach. Bailey is in a class with their two little friends from preschool. Matthew is in a class where he knows no one. I dreaded telling them and what the outcome would be. The talk with the boys went much better than I thought. Bailey of course was excited with his classmates. Matthew was a little sad but the more we talked I realized what is scaring them the most (which deep down I already knew) was that they weren't going to be together. We told them that they would be able to see eachother at lunch and at recess and for now they are ok.

Mommy on the other hand is still beyond nervous for her little boys. They have been in daycare and preschool already but this is different. They will be away from eachother for 6 hours a day. They will not have eachother to protect them or encourage them. I know they will be fine but its still scary.

I have changed the song on this to represent the things I want my boys to do. I want them to get in there and shine. I want them to play, learn, and have fun in kindergarten. I want them to play with new children, create new memories and love life. There is a line in the song that says "if you get the chance to sit it out or dance. I hope you dance." This is all I want for my boys.

Boys good luck on your new adventure and know that Mommy and Daddy are right behind you cheering you on.

No comments: