Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Our Holiday Celebrations

Well it is now the day after Christmas and the house looks like a tornado hit it and that is a good thing! We had a very wonderful celebration. On Christmas Eve, my mom and I started to get a heads up on Christmas dinner and make some of the sides a bit early. The boys, Dave and I got ready to go to my in-laws for Christmas Eve dinner. On Christmas Eve we have an elaborate sit down dinner that is full of delicious food. We start with Shrimp Cocktail, a polish mushroom soup and salad. Dinner consisted of periogis, vegetables, two different kinds of fish and scallops. In a word YUM! Thanks Bob and Kathi for another wonderful Christmas eve dinner.

My sister, niece and mother all spent the night so we all woke up at 7am with the kids to see if Santa had come. The three kids were so excited they were besides their selves. Santa came and got them tons of stuff. If Santa forgot anything Grandma and Auntie Debbie made up for it. Later on my aunt, uncle, cousin and his family came over for Christmas dinner. We had a great time! At the end of the night everyone was exhausted but had so much fun.

The weekend before that was Bailey and Matthews' sixth birthday. Where has the time gone? We had a great kids party at a pizza place where the kids were able to make their own pizzas. Later on my dad, his wife and my baby sister came over before the family party began. It was good to see them for a little bit before everyone got there. The family party was very casual with just cake, cookies and coffee. The boys had a blast and loved everything the got. I will try to post pictures of all the celebrations soon. I have been really lazy about uploading my pictures lately.

We are now two months into our wait for baby Diana. Not a day goes by that I don't wonder about her. I wonder if she has been born yet. I wonder if she is missing her birthmom. I wonder if she feels peace that one day I will be there to get her. So many emotions.....tonight as always I will say a prayer for my sweet baby girl. I will pray that she is safe and that she can feel my love. Diana...Mommy will be there as soon as I can. I love you and miss you!

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Your holiday celebrations sound fun! I have been trying to leave a comment for the LONGEST time, but it always said there was a problem. Glad I can FINALLY leave one now!