Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Recap Of The Last Couple Weeks

Bailey looking for the perfect berry
Matthew thinks he has a great one!
Look at all those berries we picked! Yummy!!!


We have been really crazy busy the last couple of weeks. We are trying to do so much before school starts and also get ready for school all at the same time. Here is a run down of whats been happening.

Two weekends ago Dave and I took the boys black berry and peach picking. It was extremely HOT that day. Don't know what we were thinking....Actually despite the heat we had a lot of fun. This was the first time we have picked peaches or berries. I am sure this like apple picking will become another family tradition. I just vote when we go next summer its not as hot as it was that day.

We have been shopping for school supplies, school clothes and did I mention school supplies? I just want to know where my tax dollars go? As my neighbor said so much for a free education. I also what to know who decides on what color folders should be used. Try looking for a plain white folder. I am not kidding when I tell you I looked at all the office supply stores, Target, Walmart, Osco, Walgreens and the list goes on. I FINALLY found them on a whim at a grocery store that I usually don't even shop in.


Katie playing with the teletubbies we found in the basement for her


This weekend my father, his wife and my half sister were in town. My half sister Katie is just over 2 and is such a cutie. She kept coming up to me and saying "Hi Lisa" Too cute! It was nice to visit with them and catch up. My aunt and uncle came by too!

Bailey with Mrs. Harris

Matthew with Mrs. Rivera

Yesterday we went to the school to drop of the boys' supplies and meet their teachers. Bailey was excited that his new teacher recognized him from last year. Matthew seemed to like his new teacher too. They were also excited to find out some of their classmates will be. Dave and I can't wait to see what the school year brings.


Boys acting silly after we finished our golfing...
Having a great time eating our yummy ice cream!
Today was the last hurrah before school starts tomorrow. I took the boys along with one of their friends to an indoor miniature golf place in the mall. They had a blast. After that we had lunch in the food court and they rode the carousal. From there we moved on and had ice cream. If all this excitement wasn't enough they then went back to this little boy's house to play for a few hours. I think they got the best of the last day of school. Well tomorrow is the first day of school and I hope I don't cry as hard as I did last year. Hey who knows maybe I'll be dancing in the streets!?! Here's to a great school year!!!!!


5 comments:

Daniella said...

Happy 1st day of school. We still have off until 9/4 - I swear I think everyone else is back all over - except us! Especially for florida.

Unknown said...

Looks like you've been having fun! Picking berries & fruit is a favorite memory of mine.

Glad the first day went well. Can't believe summer is over!

Angie said...

It looks and sounds like you all made the best of the last couple of weeks of summer! I hope today is going well for the boys...and you! ;)

M&M's and Oolong Tea said...

Happy 10 Month LID ....
Dee

Donna said...

I'd say you had a great last day before school starts day!