Thursday, August 09, 2007

Cousins Having Fun


Yesterday my sister and I took the kids to the children's museum. This is the second time we have gotten together to do something fun together this summer. Unfortunately my sister works full time so being able to get together during the week is limited. We always have fun together with the kids. Although there is usually some sort of drama to go along with the day. Yesterday was no exception.

The kids were climbing this contraption instead of taking the stairs. There are workers who tell the kids when to go. Bailey thought the guy told him to go ahead. Unfortunately Alex's prosthetic fell off and hit Bailey right in the cheek. We got him an ice pack and of course had to fill out an accident report. Alex was crying because she felt bad. We reassured her that we all knew it was an accident and that Bailey would be fine.

I taught Alex how to play checkers and she was really pretty good at it. I was winning that second game but she was very analytical with her moves and we finally quit because the boys were getting bored waiting for us.

Later I went to take a cute picture of Alex and Bailey and they both fell and Alex elbowed Bailey in the eye. He now has a bruise under his eyebrow and the one on his cheek. Of course both of them were crying again.

We had a nice lunch and then ended the day molding clay and getting to take our works of art home. Despite our drama everyone had a good time and went home smiling.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun family day...bruises and all! So glad you had a good time.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

It does look like you had a good time, despite all the drama! CUTE!!!!

Angie said...

That sounds like a day with me, my sister and our kids! Full of drama! It looks like everyone had a great time despite the mishaps! Making memories....

Daniella said...

What would an outing without drama be? Looks like fun - great pics!

Donna said...

It would be odd if our outings didn't have some kind of hitch to them! Looks like fun was had despite the bruises!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa- I just got caught up on your blog. Love your pictures!!! Do you read the Sun-Times? If so did you see my full page picture? I'm so glad to have my life back!

Anonymous said...

That was a good picture of his cheek. Poor kids! Both of them! You never did send me any pictures of the event.