Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy 3 Month Lidaversary!

My friend Janet always calls the anniversary of her LID her Lidaversary....I told her a long time ago that I was going to have to borrow it...Finally on the third month I am doing what I said!

Today actually was a very laid back day in our world. The kids had school, I ran errands and Dave worked. I did volunteer in Bailey's class today. I have no idea why they think its a good science project to give kindergarteners real hammers and nails to see what happens.....HELLO these are 5 and 6 year olds!!!!! The horror story of it all is that I did the same project yesterday in Matthew's class. Usually their teachers look at one another's volunteer schedule and have me come in different weeks. I give one Tuesday a month to Matthew's class and one Wednesday a month in Bailey's. Of course the week there are hammers involved I get both classes in the same week. Thanks....I will send the bill for the hearing aid to their teachers...lol. I enjoy getting to spend time in their classes and they love to show their mommy off so its a win-win situation.....

Back to the day... I was actually home tonight for the first night in three. Monday night one of my adoption groups had a book club so I went there after dinner. Yesterday my home study agency had a waiting moms meeting. I love these things because all of the people in the room know exactly how I am feeling it and why! Tonight though I made a huge pot of soup and we actually had dinner as a family. I then got to watch American Idol as I cut my fabric for the quilt swap I am participating in from my agency dtc/lid group. Now I just have to get the wishes done. I am TRYING to be better about posting my wishes on my other blog but have been really bad about it lately. Hopefully this weekend I will get it up to date.

As you can see our lidaversary was nothing special. Although it does mean that we are three months closer to bringing her home.....I just wish I could count down how many more I have to go. Oh well! Meanwhile we continue to think about Diana and pray that she is safe and warm until we can get there.....

3 comments:

Daniella said...

Congrats on 3 months - we are right behind you - 10/27/06 - Oh how I wish we knew how many more months.... Happy 3 to you! I'll try to post something creative next week - so far my son thinks it's cool to make the numbers out of food - last month the 2 was hershey kisses - be on the lookout for our 3...
Glad to share this journey with you
Daniella
2006 CCAI Teamonkey
www.kowalskijourney.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congrtas on having three months behind you. With every single day we are closer to our daughters!

You are such a good mom for volunteering in your kids' classrooms. I am teacher, so YEAH for you!

Hammering nails with K kids? Yikes!

~Rebecca

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Your description of your classroom help was hilarious! I can't imagine how LOUD that would be! And how dangerous! Nobody got skewered? LOL! Congrats on your 3 months! HOORAY!