Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Just Want To Be A Mommy & Other Random Thoughts

A picture of the four of us at the aquarium


The boys having a hands free good time on a roller coaster.



The boys with Sponge Bob and Patrick


Matthew as Obi Wan Konobi at the Star Wars exhibit on vacation.




Bailey as a Storm Trooper at the Star Wars exhibit.


So I've been hearing and reading so much lately on adoption being a way to "save children". This could be read into on soooo many levels that I'm not going to go there. I am NOT adopting to save a child from the horrors of life in an orphanage I am NOT adopting to give a child a better life. I AM adopting because I want to be a mommy. Some of you may say "Well Lisa, you already are a mommy." This is true but I want to be a mommy to another child as well.

I love my boys to death and can not for one second picture what my like would be like without them in it. When I told Dave that I wanted another child he wasn't so keen on the idea. I let it sink in for a while. He still didn't go for it. We fought. Boy did we fight! Eventually he mellowed and agreed that having another child would be good for us.
As many of you know adoption was not our first thought. We tried to have another baby the "old fashioned way". It didn't happen and thus here we are.....waiting for Diana in China so we can be her mommy, daddy and big brothers.

Will she be better off in my family? Will she do so much better here than had I NOT adopted her from an orphanage in China? I am sure she will but again everyone is better off in a loved filled environment where they are getting enough attention and nourishment both physically and emotionally.

My bigger question is will we be better off having her in our lives? I do believe that we will be. To have another child look up at me with their sweet eyes calling me "Mommy" will fulfill me in a way nothing else can. To hold the hand of a little one as I guide them and protect them is really all I have ever dreamed of. To love three children instead of two just makes my heart even more full no matter how she came into my life.

OK now onto other topics...

As we live out the last week of summer we are preparing for second grade to start. Did I say that???? Are the boys really going into second grade? I'm afraid its true. We got the letters from their teachers this weekend and we have frantically called classmates seeing who is in who's classes. Its actually kinda fun! We will meet their teachers and drop off supplies on Monday. Stay tuned for pics of that.

We went to the aquarium two weeks ago as a fun family thing to do before everyone gets into the hustle and bustle of school. We had a great time as always! We went to a minor league baseball game last week. We ate well and had lots of fun!

This past weekend my dad, his wife and my sister came in for the weekend. Saturday we got together with our whole family less one cousin and his family (we missed you guys) for dinner. It was great to reconnect with the family and just have a good time. Sunday it was just us with Dad, Melissa and Katie. We had good conversations and so much fun watching Katie play. Bailey was sooooooo good with her. He was extremely protective of her. It made me smile knowing what an awesome big brother he is going to be.

I have tons of Matthew stories bit will just share a few. When we were at the ball park he asked for peanuts and I reminded him that we had some at home so we had them for snack the next day(they were in the shells). He was sooooo cute he comes up to me and says "Mommy the peanuts taste great. There is nothing wrong with them but I think I want a different snack......they are FRUSTRATING me!" I was on the floor laughing and gave him his new request of yogurt.
Also he found his Spider man costume that he wore when he was 3 and has been traipsing around the house in it for weeks! It fits him in the body but it looks like he is wearing Capri's in the legs!! He is happy though so all is good.

Enjoy some pics from our vacation that I never posted and also one of us at the aquarium!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Star Wars pics are AWESOME! I want one with Miss Boo. Too cool.
-Mae
(Mutha Mae)

Karmen and Greg said...

So glad to get a little "catch-up" from you Lisa -- you've been a little slack in the blogging department ;) Thanks for catching up! GREAT pictures!

Karmen