Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Second Graders!

Bailey with his three teachers. The one in the middle is the sub.
Matthew with his new teacher.
Bailey outside our front door before school this morning.

Matthew outside our front door before school this morning.



My second graders!


Today was the first day of second grade! How does this keep happening every August? Its amazes me that my little boys are growing up so fast. Monday we dropped off their supplies and got to meet their teachers.

Bailey has two teachers this year. Some of the teachers at our school job share. Bailey will have one teacher on Mondays and Tuesdays and every other Wednesday. He will have the other teacher on Thursdays, Fridays and the other Wednesdays. His one teacher, although we met her on Monday will be on maternity leave until January. He will have another teacher who will be the sub. We met her as well. They all seemed really sweet.

Matthew's actual teacher is on maternity leave as well. I'm really not sure when she will be returning. We got to meet his sub and she is really nice. Matthew actually remembered her from her being a sub for his teacher last year. (Oh yeah and Matthew also lost another tooth on Monday night!!)

Yesterday we went and had a little fun with the kids from the S family (see post below). I took the kids to a place that had bumper boats and also mini-golf. Poor Matthew got stuck on the bumper boat and couldn't steer it back to the dock. He was hysterical but we all tried to keep him calm until the guy was able to help him back. We then went to safer grounds and played glow in the dark mini golf. The kids had a blast. A last day of summer vacation wouldn't be complete without a trip to the ice cream shop.

Today both boys woke up excited without me even having to wake them up! They ate their breakfast and got ready without any problems. They appeased me by taking their year pictures in front of the house. I then proceeded to forget my camera on the dryer instead of taking it to school for more pictures. I am sure secretly the boys are relieved I didn't have it with me. We got them in their lines and then they were off.

Upon picking them up I learned that Matthew cried because he got scared of a wasp outside. In his words he had a "kinda a good day...kinda a bad day". Bailey had a great day and neither can wait to go back again tomorrow.

Here's to another great school year boys! Mommy knows you will do awesome!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful pics! Glad everyone had a good day

Jessica said...

Wow Lisa! I can't believe how big they are getting! It's crazy. Sounds like they are off to a great shcool year.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics Lisa, as always... They also have some cute teachers... its hard believing our boys are getting so much bigger... lol Give em huggs and kisses

Karmen and Greg said...

Another year of school -- where did the Summer go??? When I think about the adoption wait it's easy to get lost in this it's never gonna get here phase -- but when I realize how TRULY quickly the summer went, I can say that we'll get there -- WE WILL! : ) Have a fun school year!

Karmen