Friday, August 15, 2008

Very Special Friends of Ours


I want to take an opportunity to tell you about another special family we know. We met the S family when the boys were in kindergarten. Matthew and their youngest J were in class together. We then found out they only live about 2 blocks away in our subdivision. Since then the boys have played a lot together. I sometimes joke that J is my third son. The scary thing is he looks more like Bailey than Matthew does.

We have also gotten to know the whole family even more and have actually been attending the same church as them. Through this we have gotten even closer. My friend D called me to see if I could keep an eye on J and their daughter K for a day. It was so fun having a girl in the house. K will be in 7Th grade next week. She is a delightful young lady and we had a good time scrap booking together while the boys played.

While they were over I was showing K Diana's wish scrapbook. She was so interested in us adopting a baby and also was going on to say how special the book was and how Diana will treasure it. My heart was overcome with so much emotion from this young lady. I have learned that that wasn't the half of it.

After K got home she created me the most beautiful note cards. They are have dragons, lanterns, pagodas, a fan and of course a ladybug! The pictures of these note cards will not do them justice. I am thinking of using them in one of Diana's scrapbooks rather than writing on them and sending them out. They are incredible and it made me feel so good that she thought so much about our journey in creating them. Thank you again K. You are a very special girl!

Her mother D surprised me as well. She gave me a Miraculous Medal. She explained to me that while trying to get pregnant with J she found out about these medals and contacted a church (not sure this is the right one) and they sent her the medal. She says she got pregnant a month later and continued to wear it her whole pregnancy. After J was born she passed it on to him.

I am wearing this as I carry Diana in my heart and will continue to pray for a speed up. Also as D has requested I will give it to Diana once she gets here. I will tell her how her mommy wore it while she waited and about the special woman who got it for her. D-thank you so much for the special gift and of course the gift of your friendship! Both gifts are very special to me.

No comments: