Sunday, July 29, 2007

Time To Reconnect


This was taken last summer at our nephew's graduation but I thought it was cute!

As much as I love my boys sometimes we (Dave and I) just need a little bit of time to reconnect with one another. This weekend we were able to do just that. My wonderful neighbor took the boys overnight for a sleepover.

Dave and I were able to go to a movie (that wasn't rated G). We saw No Reservations. I really liked it and Dave thought it was ok. He really would have preferred to see Transformer or Pirates Of The Carribean but he let me win out this time. After that we went out to dinner and had a really nice time talking without being interrupted! Actually we had some really good conversations.

We were able to sleep in a little this morning and then had a leisurely breakfast of pastries, coffee (me) and juice (Dave). Later on we were able to do something we rarely do any more go visit model homes. I LOVE doing this! Besides falling in love with some of the houses I also get some good ideas for decorating (if only I could afford them). It was so nice for it to be just the two of us for 24 hours....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you able to find some time for yourselves..Thats awesome

Unknown said...

How nice Lisa. I am so glad that you had that time together. You deserve it, and it sounded like fun!

Angie said...

YEAAA!!! How fun and relaxing for you all. We went to see No Reservations this weekend too...I loved it!
I'm glad you had a great time with your sweetie!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Everybody needs some time to reconnect in their marriage! Good for you for keeping your marriage strong!!!

Jessica said...

Cute picture! glad you found some time for yourselves! I know it isn't always easy!

Jessica