Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's Been 9 Months......


If I were pregnant with a biological baby I would know that my baby would be in my arms at any moment now. I may already have a date as to the latest I would hold my baby. This adoption pregnancy is so much different in so many ways than my pregnancy with the boys. The difference that is the hardest is the unknown. I have no idea how long this pregnancy will last. I have no idea when I will see a picture of my little girl for the first time. I have no idea when I will be able to hold her and kiss her for the first time. This is by far the hardest of this journey.

There are many positive aspects to this pregnancy though. I will share a few of them now. I think the most positive thing is the friends that I have met during this journey. We have met so many people who are on this same journey and have really become great friends. There are also people who I have only "met" on-line but have become great friends as well. I share so much with these people who truly understand the process and share in my highs and lows of this journey. Without these people I don't know what I would be doing.....

Another great thing about this pregnancy is that I am able to eat and drink anything I want!! I need to get back on my weightloss kick but for now just knowing that I get lose weight instead of gaining it is a positive. Oh yeah and if I want a margerita or a martini or a glass of wine I know I can have that too without it affecting my baby.

I also am 100% certain that I will have a daughter at the end of this pregnancy. When I was told I was having boys at my ultrasound the tech reminded me that although she was almost certain I was carrying boys she couldn't be 100%. Of course she was correct and I have the best boys in the world. As much as I love my boys more than anything in this world it is time that we see a little pink in this house.

Well although there are uncertainties in this pregnancy I am glad to be expecting my little girl. Who knows when I will see her face for the first time or when I will hold her in my arms. I do know that it will happen and when it does I will be even happier than I already am.

Diana~Mommy loves you already even though I have no idea who you are. I pray for you nightly and can't wait to bring you home.




PS We have named our kitty Pumpkin Pie. She is doing great and adjusting well to our family!

9 comments:

Daniella said...

Happy 9 - I feel the same way about this wait - it will happen, it just a matter of when.

Ruth said...

Lisa, Nice post - concentrating on the positive things always helps!

Ruth

Laura said...

Congratulations on 9 months and on the new kitty!

mandt said...

Congrats on having those 9 months behind you. You're right, these "pregnancies" are so different. I saw your intro on the Oct2006DTC yahoo group - Welcome!
Terri

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 9 months!

I agree that it is sad that the adoption pregnancy is both a blessing and a difficult journey.

Doing both at the same time is interesting too!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Pumpkin Pie is a great name!

And you're right, there are both positives and negatives to the adoption process!

Pamela Askew said...

Lisa,
Happy 9 months! It sure is hard to wait... and like you, I'd like to see some PINK in our house along with a person that goes with that pink :) I love your outlook ~ it really WILL happen :)

Blessings,
Pam

Lori said...

Yea for 9 months!!

Becky said...

Happy 9-month! You have a great attitude, Lisa! I had a really tough 9-month day, and I'm not looking forward to our 1-year day (next week). Thanks for this encouraging post - it raised my spirits!