Monday, March 12, 2007

My Thoughtful Husband


I know I am married to the best guy there is! I compare my husband to some of my other friend's husbands and I have to say I win hands down. Anyway he was away this past week for business. This was the first time in ten years we have been away from each other for that long. It really was a long week. The boys really missed their Daddy. I missed him too!

Anyway I will share what he did for me. Like I just mentioned we have been together for 10 years. The Wednesday he was gone was the 1oth anniversary of our very first date. This is a special date that we always celebrate so it was sad that we wouldn't be together. My wonderful husband sent me a beautiful arrangement of pink roses! The card was even better though! It read "Happy Anniversary! The World and Then Some! Love, Dave" What makes that so special is that is what he said all the time in the beginning of our relationship. Its been a long time since I've read that or heard that. Really made me smile.

Also while he was gone he got the boys gifts and some stuff for me. The best thing though was that he thought of Diana. He told me one night that he got something for Diana's room. He doesn't usually talk about her or he will roll his eyes when I buy things for her. This was truly him thinking of her. You will see its her name in Chinese and in English. We will have it framed and it will go in her room. He really is the best. Here's to another ten years!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I think you can keep him for another 5 years, but maybe review his contract at that time for the next 5 ;*)

That was very sweet, and it's going to look great in her room...

-The evil non-leprachaun

Unknown said...

Oh, I love it! How sweet!

Rebecca

Leslie said...

Lisa, you do have a wonderful husband. Love the print, and Diana will cherish it always.
Way to go Dave.
Leslie