Saturday, October 18, 2008

Two Years & Waiting.....

The figurine we got to remind us of our baby girl


Two years have now gone by since we were given our Log In Date. Two years and I really have no idea how much more time we have to wait. I do know that Diana is out there and she is meant for our family. I know that no matter how much longer it takes we will wait. I know that without a doubt our family is not complete yet. We are missing a little girl who possibly isn't even born yet. We will wait no matter how long it takes.
A good friend of mine just sent me a LID gift and in her card told me I am that much closer to Diana. I know she is right. The mug she sent said "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." Henry David Thoreau. I thought that was great encouragement. Also she send a book of quotes about hopes and dreams. I thought this was a good one too:"Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." Belva Davis. We dream about her all the time and she WILL be here and we will embrace her with all the love we have been saving for her.



While Dave and I were out on our little anniversary weekend I found the cutest little figurine from the Charming Tails collection. We didn't buy it then but once we got home I got a great deal on it from eBay. It arrived today just a day after our LID. It is my little gift to myself to remind me that our dream is still alive and that we will hold tight until our little girl is placed in our arms. Ironically enough there is a ladybug on the front of it as well.



Diana~Mommy wishes she knew how much longer she had to wait to have you in her arms, but be assured that she will wait no matter how many tomorrows it takes for it to happen. Mommy and Daddy love you very much and can't wait for you to join our family. Your brothers already adore you and can't wait to play with you and protect you like only big brothers can. Hold tight my little one until Mommy and Daddy can come to you. We love you!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful gifts. Hope. Believe. Pray. That is all we can do.

We are right behind you.

Daniella said...

closer every day :)

Kelly and Matt said...

Love the quotes and your little figurine. This wait is tough but every day that passes us by brings us one day closer. Our turn will come so hang in there ;o)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

What a beautiful post!!!!

Karmen said...

You'll get there, Lisa. Hold on!!! Love the figurine : )

Karmen

Anonymous said...

We'll get there - hang in there! ~Heather