Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall Fun & 10 Years With My Best Friend


For those of you who know me you know the fall is my favorite time of the year. I love when it starts to get cool outside. I love the the colors of the leaves on the trees. Still after all these years I still love to crunch the dead leaves on the ground. I love the way it sounds and how it makes me feel. I love the fact that its Dave's favorite time of the year too. Since getting together I can't remember a year that we haven't gone apple picking. We used to take our nephews, now of course, we take the boys. The boys get just as excited about it as we do.

This fall was even more special since Dave and I celebrated our 10Th anniversary. I still can't believe that we've been married 10 years! I can give you every detail of the night he proposed and tell you most of the things we planned together for our wedding. I can tell you that looking into his eyes as we both cried happy tears as we repeated our vows is still one of the most special memories I have ever experienced. I remember dancing as husband and wife for the first time and I remember doing nothing but smiling all day long.

Ten years later he still makes me smile. He still is the first person I run to tell things too. He is my rock, and my anchor and beyond everything else he is my best friend. What is funny is even though he is no longer the same man I married 10years ago he is so much better than that man. I know he will change even more as time goes on and yet I know I will love him even more than I do now.

We celebrated our anniversary by spending an awesome weekend in Wisconsin at a fabulous B&B. The food and inn keepers were great! We went for a few drives to check out the colors, we went to a cave and we went to a play. Most importantly we reconnected. We laughed, we cried happy tears, we reminisced and fell deeper into love with each other.

After returning refreshed and relaxed we took the boys apple picking on Monday. We picked a peck of apples. The kids got to do the apple launcher, play in the play area and pet the animals. We snacked on apple cider slushies and of course apple cider doughnuts. We did half of the corn maze and have come to the conclusion that the boys aren't quite ready for them yet. Even they say it was their least favorite part of the day.

I love weekends like this. Enjoy the pictures. I will try to scan a picture soon of Dave and I from our wedding until then enjoy the pictures from the weekend.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Congratulations on 10 years!! Glad you had such a great anniversary weekend!! and the apple picking looks like a lot of fun!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

HAPPY TEN YEARS!!!! You still sound so in love....:-)

Karmen and Greg said...

What a wonderful tribute! I'm so glad that you were able to celebrate your 10 years in such a special way. GREAT pictures too! Happy Anniversary!!!

Laura said...

Congratulations on 10 years together!!!