Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day



I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. Mine started a few days ago with going to the boys' classes for Mother's Day Tea. They did a few songs and a dance. It was soooo cute. I went to Matthew's class and Dave went to Bailey's. After the performance part we switched and had our snacks with the other boy. They each presented me with a book. They are so sweet. There is a picture of them in the book holding a sign that says "Happy Mother's Day 2007" They also have their hand prints on them. It really was sweet.

This morning each boy came in my room with a card for me. They also got me a new digital camera. Later we went out to brunch with my mom, sister and niece. It was really nice to be able to spend the day with my children but also with my mother as well. I am so lucky to have her in my life. She is my hero and I hope I will continue to be half the mom that she still is to me.

At one point today I was thinking about Diana's birth mother and wondering what she is doing. I don't even know if she is pregnant with her yet. I was thinking of ways to honor her in the future and I thought maybe we will buy a yellow rose each year to remember her by. When we got to the brunch all the mothers were handed roses. Believe it or not I got a yellow one. I will definitely start this tradition now. Tonight I look at that rose and think of Diana's birth mother and say a tiny prayer for her.

For all my friends out there who are not mothers yet know your time is coming. Soon enough you will hold your little ones in your arms and know exactly what it feels like to be a mom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Angie said...

Lisa,

I am glad you had a great Mother's Day! I love the yellow rose idea...how neat!

Angie