Wednesday, October 17, 2007

One Year Down & A New Look



Today is our one year anniversary of our LID. I really thought that I would be so much closer to Diana by now. When we started this process I figured that this would be about the time I would find out about her. I thought at this point I would be about 6-8 weeks away from meeting my baby girl for the first time.
The wait has gotten really long and has depressed many of us in the adoption world. I too am included in that. It is so sad to hear the boys ask about Diana and all I can say is "I don't know." for the millionth time. Those poor boys are really confused and there is nothing I can do to help that except say "Eventually we will meet your sister." or "You're sister isn't ready yet."

I could go on and on about what is so horrible about the wait but instead I will say what I have done so far to prepare for our little girl.


  • I am currently refiling some forms to keep us "up to date". We have started a savings account to help pay for the rest of the adoption expenses.
  • We have gotten some of the things we will need for her nursery.
  • We have (ie I have) shopped for some really cute girl clothes.
  • I have met people who's families will/do look like my family will and become friends with them.
  • I have "met" people on line who are going through the same thing we are so they can relate.
  • I collected quilt squares and wishes to start her 100 good wish quilt. We plan on working on the quilt soon and have completed her scrapbook less the wishes we are still waiting on (hint hint).
  • I have gotten/read books about adoption/attachment/China/parenting adopted children.
  • I have opened my heart and already love Diana.
  • I have prayed every night that there is a speed up and for Diana to be safe until I can get her.
Here is to a speed up for all of us waiting. If nothing else I have learned to give up control and to trust that God's timing is perfect!

Also thank you soooo much Heather for my new look! How cool that it was done in time for this post. I love the girly feel with all my butterflies. You did an awesome job!

8 comments:

Angie said...

HAPPY 1 YEAR!!!!! CONGRATS! This is a huge milestone and you are getting closer to Diana.
I understand about your boys asking, it is heart wrenching. My boys have quit talking about Ruthie or asking anything...I think they think we made it all up!

Go out and celebrate tonight with your sweet family!

I love your new look...too cute!

Daniella said...

Congrats on the one year milestone - we are right behind you. I can relate to how your boys are feeling - my son is also always asking and I hate that I keep saying about another year. The other day he said you said that last time I asked :( Thanks for your positive attitude - I need to find my happy place again.

M&M's and Oolong Tea said...

Happy 1 year LID-anniversary .
Love your new layout (cheerful).
although we are moving at a snails pace we are still one step closer and they cant take that away from us.
so enjoy your progress.
(Repeat after me glass half full)
Dee

Unknown said...

Oh, love the new look!

Thanks so very much for all of the sweet and encouraging comments on our blog!

Congrats on 1 year! You ARE closer. I love this update. May Diana join your family sooner than expected.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Happy one year, sweetie!!!!! You are doing great! Hang in there!

Brandi said...

Happy 1 year!

LOVE the new look and your positive attitude! I'm still working on the giving up control part :)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Well, congrats on the 1 year mark... just think - it is fun being away from the 7, 8, 9 month mark - let's hope that we aren't going to be waiting all that much longer and so HANG in there... Take care...

Leslie said...

Happy 1 Year Lisa. I pray Diana comes home soon.

Love your new girly look. Heather did a great job.