Thursday, January 01, 2009

December Recapped In Bullets

I guess my new years resolution should be to be a better blogger but we all know how long we keep those resolutions to begin with so maybe not! I will recap some of our highlights of the month.

  • We took the boys and a friend each to Legoland Discovery Centre for their birthday. It was really cool and all the boys had a blast. Granted it wasn't as cool as Legoland in California but in the eyes of 7 & 8 year old boys it was awesome. We then went out for dinner and each boy got to make their own pizza. How cool is that?

  • We went to the boys school for breakfast with Santa. It was fun seeing all the kids eating breakfast together and also meeting the teachers' families as well. We didn't win any raffles this year but I think the boys have forgotten about it by now.

  • I went to my annual cookie/gift exchange with the gals from work and as always had a blast. The woman I work with are incredible!

  • The boys sang two songs at the Christmas concert and looked so sweet singing their hearts out with their fellow classmates. Unfortunately school was cancelled the next day which would have been their party but I think they have long forgotten.

  • We had Dave's family over for a Christmas celebration. It was not exactly what I had planned to begin with but we were all together and that's really all that matters. Of course the boys were in awe of all their gifts from Uncle Ray and Auntie Vicki.

  • Christmas Eve was amazing. We went to the children's mass at church and it was awesome. I have never been to a children's mass and I have to say I was impressed and can't wait to go again next year. We then head to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. The food as always was incredible as was the company. We got to meet my youngest nephew's (he's 20) girlfriend. She is a sweet girl. The boys were showered with more gifts and then we came home to prepare for Santa.

  • Christmas Day. Oh what a day it was. The boys were amazed that Santa finally got them a Wii and that Grandma talked to Santa so she knew what accessories to get for it. I'd like to say that dinner went off without a hitch but what is a holiday without drama right? We had a small oven fire and although our house was extremely smokey no one was hurt. The fire department wasn't called and our food all turned out. All in all I would say it was a successful day.

  • New Years Eve Dave and I went out to dinner and then came home to watch two videos. We quietly rang in the new year together. I would like to wish you and your family a Happy New Year! May 2009 bring you good health, happiness and love. And for those of us still waiting for our children in China may it bring us all that much closer to bringing our babies home.

No comments: