Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dear Santa

Yesterday Bailey was home sick with a sore throat. We were sitting on the couch and he was telling me he really wants a Wii for Christmas. He tells me that is all he wants and that maybe a few things in his stocking. I tell him he will have to tell Santa about it but I think that is a great idea.


Later Matthew is skimming through the Target, Toys R Us and Walmart toy ads for the hundredth time. He is saying he wants this and that and so on. I told him that was a lot to be asking for. I told him that Santa had talked to me and said that things were going to be harder this Christmas. He just looked at me for a moment and went on to tell me all he wanted.


A while later Bailey comes upstairs takes a piece of paper and tells me he is writing a letter to Santa. When he produced it to me asking me how we can send it I almost started to cry. For those of you who can't read Bailey's chicken scratch it says:


"Dear Santa,

I want a Wii and a Wii controller. I know you are running low on money so here is a little money with this card.

From,

Bailey"



He attached $1.50 in a baggie. My little boy is so sweet and caring yet it breaks my heart that he has to be concerned with finances at almost 8.



My bff K says that Bailey has a great investment going on. If he gives Santa $1.50 and he gets a Wii he has made a huge profit. I got a great laugh out of that one and of course Bailey didn't get it (thank goodness). I have told Bailey that we have a few unused games that we will drop off at one of the toy drives to help Santa as well.


I am so blessed to have a boy like Bailey!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Awwww...what a sweetie.

It's going to be tough around our house this Christmas too. It must be very hard to tell your kids that.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!! That is so cute!

Unknown said...

That is really cute.

Anonymous said...

That's my adopted nephew-he's got a good heart. I'm so proud :)

Karmen and Greg said...

Oh man, Lisa, how sweet is that. I'm sure your boys will forgive Santa if he can't come through with the Wii ... ;)

Pamela said...

Lisa,
That is so sweet! I will be praying along with him that he gets a Wii :)