Friday, April 13, 2007

My crazy life

Bailey getting an award for responsibility in school a few weeks back.

Me and the boys before going out to brunch on Easter Dave and the boys on Easter before going out for brunch
The boys with the Easter Bunny at Brunch
Our family on Easter
The igloo kit from my friend Janet

For those of you who know us personally this will not come as a shock. We truly have a crazy life! Since my last post a lot has happened. Most of it is not good. Anyway on to the story.

Our dishwasher has started not to completely wash our dishes and leave a milky residue on everything as well. We called and set up an appointment to have it looked at but was told that if it wasn't under warranty the guy would charge us $150 just to walk in the door! Ouch! Well we find the receipt and as our luck would have it we bought the dishwasher 14 months ago!!!! We have a much cheaper guy coming to look at it on Tuesday. My hands can't handle too much more washing by hand!

Last Saturday I tried to get on line and couldn't. I had tons to do so I didn't really worry about it. After returning from errands I try again. Still not working. I start unplugging things and plugging them back in. My modem won't turn on! I was on the phone with AT&T/SBC for 35 minutes! The negatives: My modem is dead and of course that warranty is up too! I had to buy a new modem and they said it would be over a week before I would get it! The positives: I was able to get a month credit for my Internet service. She tells me my modem will be there by Wednesday. As you can tell I have my modem and life on that front is good again.

While I was without Internet service I find out that there were only 2 days worth of referrals this month. Supposedly these are big batches but it still hurts. The positive is that I didn't have Internet service so I didn't read post after post about it and it didn't drag me down as much as I was last month.

Tuesday I get a big smile on my mail as I get my mail. There is a package from my friend Janet from Canada! I met Janet on my LBRTB group. She is so much fun and I have loved getting to know her. Well one day she had posted inviting any of us out to visit her with the promise of lots of chocolate. I told her the only way I will come is if she teaches me how to make an igloo. Well on Tuesday I open the funniest present I have ever gotten. You guessed it an igloo making kit. The boys and I will have a blast with this. Unfortunately with the kit came snow the next day! We didn't get much, about a half an inch but I don't like SNOW IN APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then on Wednesday Dave goes to get air in his tires and sees a nail with bubbles around it. He brings it in to get it patched to find out its in there too deep so he needed a new tire. I'm telling you we have spent way too much money this week.

On a positive note our half bath is almost completely put together from our diy remodel. I still need to find mirror and get some more accessories but we have definitely made progress. Dave did a good job painting and installing the light fixture. I will give myself kudos for getting all the wall paper down. Oh well, lets hope things start to pick up for the better in our neck of the woods.....
PS. I did each paragraph in a different color in honor of my friend Janet....If you want fun reading check out her blog

2 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You are such a sweetie, I'm glad you liked the present....so when will you be here? :-)

I can't BELIEVE how busy you have been, and everything that's been happening. Yikes, girl! Stop the world, Lisa needs to get off! :-)

Have a great week, friend!

Becky said...

Lisa, they say bad luck comes in threes - 1. your dishwasher, 2. your internet, 3. your tire. Hooray - you're done!