Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sad

That is the only way to sum up my feelings. Tonight we said farewell to one of our pediatricians...she is going off to where she thinks that the grass is greener. I have worked in my office for over 5 years and of all of my coworkers that is probably one of the least amount of tenure. The joke of the office is if you make it past 6 months you are there for a lifetime. Dr. C was with the office 11 years. Once I became a staff member she became Bailey and Matthew's doctor. She is the sweetest most caring woman and as much as I wish her well I am just sad that I will no longer be working with her. I am also sad that she will no longer be my boys' doctor. She came to visit Matthew after having his appendix out and gave him a stuffed dinosaur that he still sleeps with and calls it Baby Dino. She was the first one to notice Bailey's crossed eyes and validate what I was seeing when everyone else said I was crazy. Keep in mind she wasn't even seeing Bailey that day. She has followed up on him since diagnosis and then also after his surgery. She was the one I went to for advice for Matthew with his behavior and also for his asthma.....I will miss her being a part of my babie's lives. I am sad that she won't be Diana's doctor & that she may never even get to meet her.....Dr C you will be greatly missed and you will always have a special place in my heart. Good luck.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry that you are losing your friend and pediatrician.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That's too bad. HOpefully someone new will come...someone who's great!

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry your sad Lisa, and loosing a friend and doctor. What a great post you wrote about her. Hopefully she reads your blog and can see what she meant to you.

Is she coming to Ky? We have really green grass here.

Angie said...

I am so sorry that this happened and that you are sad, Lisa. It is hard to change doctors when you have one that you love so much. I hope you find one that you like just as much for your boys and Diana.